The IFP is one of the Continuing Education Programs run by SOBRAMFA – Educación Médica & Humanismo.
The objective of the IFP Program is to offer the opportunity to learn about the experience of SOBRAMFA in the promotion of Humanistic Medicine: in its clinical dimension (Medical Humanism in healthcare practice) and in its teaching dimension (Medical Humanism in schools of medicine collaborating with medical education).
Personalization of the IFP: SOBRAMFA will link a personalized program according to the profile of each candidate.
What is the International Fellowship Program
The IFP International Fellowship Program is one of SOBRAMFA – Medical Education and Humanism (www.sobramfa.com.br) – educational programs.
The IFP aims to provide opportunities to share the Brazilian experience in constructing an Humanistic Perspective of Doctoring within a Patient Centered Approach
The International SOBRAMFA Fellowship is now recommended by AAMC-VSLO, through a Partnership between AAMC-VSLO and SOBRAMFA.
Contact us for this unforgettable experience of how to incorporate Humanism in the daily medical practice.
Where is the Fellowship held?
In São Paulo, Brazil. The activities are carried at the SOBRAMFA’s headquarter and private hospitals nearby.
The International Fellowship Program aims to provide development in:
- Educational Issues in Family Medicine as Academic Discipline.
- Research according with daily activities of the family physician: transforming practice into research and publishing it.
- Information Mastering, scientific update, taking decisions in practice.
- Promoting Leadership for supporting Family Medicine development in the own country.
Audience – Candidates
Family Medicine Residents, Medical Students, Physicians and Health Professionals involved in Primary Care abroad.
- Home Visits – Seeing patients at their homes, along with a family doctor and nurse.
- “Scientific Pacemaker” – Weekly Scientific Meeting at Sobramfa headquarters, including clinical discussion, family medicine topics discussions, lectures, journal club with recent papers, and clinical doubts arising from daily practice.
- Family Medicine Clinics and Ambulatory: where family doctors take care of chronic patients and patients with comorbidities.
- Family Medicine Didactic Clinic (Free Clinics): were medical students see patients, supervised by family medicine residents and family doctors. This is a teaching-learning scenario in were residents learn how to teach.
- Palliative Care Ambulatory
- Geriatric Care: for institutionalized age people
- Mastering Information: learning how to search for medical information and how to take it into practice
- Developing Research: Fostering research and scientific papers focused on primary care, medical education and family medicine topics.
The values are expressed in US Dollars (US$). You can pay by credit card using PayPal®.
|Physicians, Residents, Health Professionals||Medical Students|
|1 month||US$ 1,950.00||US$ 1,235.00|
|2 months||US$ 3,200.00||US$ 1,970.00|
What is included
- Certificate of participation
- Life insurance
How it works
Here is a brief overview of how SOBRAMFA’s International Fellowship Program works:
- After you submit the application form (clicking the “Application form” tab above), our staff and the IFP coordinators will evaluate if you are eligible for the fellowship program.
- If you are eligible to attend the International Fellowship Program, our staff will contact you and provide you the better way to make the payment.
- You’ll be able to pay by credit card through PayPal®.
- The IFP coordinators will elaborate a personalized agenda to you, in order to guarantee the best experience for you while you stay with us, and maximize the range of knowledge you’ll be able acquire.
- Note that hosting isn’t included in your fellowship. See below a list of the hotels near to SOBRAMFA’s headquarter.
These are the opinions of who participated in the International Fellowship Program.
Sarah Elicia Krasny
Baylor University, USA
Celia Maria Colás Aparicio
Universidad de Alcalá, Madrid
Wilson Chan – McGuill University – Canada
“The SOBRAMFA’s members have some attention/concern with the residents and trainees that isn’t common to find”
“The humanistic care given to the patient is evident”
Dra. Shirley Cifuentes – firstname.lastname@example.org – Equador
“Was possible to rescue the humanistic focus of the speciality”
“During the fellowship I had a big apprenticeship in the respect of domiciliary visit and elderly care”
Dra Tânia Duran – email@example.com – Bolívia
Daisuke Yamashita – firstname.lastname@example.org – Resident from Oregon Health & Science University – USA
Laura Israelian Petras – email@example.com – USA
Home Visits – very important point of the course, a big new experience, different way of dealing with patients, showing the other face of the family medicine, definitely one of the best experiences during the whole course.
Karolina Jaczewska – Matyjaszczyk – Poland
I think you make a very important job by showing specialists and student that they should deal with the patient not look and just deal with disease.
Michal Matyjaszczyk – Poland
The program reassurance of my passion of managing patient's health.
Ricardo Cypreste – Poland
I learned to treat patients humanely.
This experience allowed me not only to see but to live and being part of daily work in Family Medicine.
Augusta Milberg – Peru
Mary Puttmann – EUA
Fill in the form bellow and we’ll contact you shortly regarding your application.
Select the appropriate option in the following form to pay your tuition fee securely via PayPal.
After your payment is processed our staff will contact you to talk about the next steps.