What is the International Fellowship Program
The IFP International Fellowship Program is one of SOBRAMFA – Medical Education and Humanism (www.sobramfa.com.br) – educational programs.
The IFP aims to provide opportunities to share the Brazilian experience in constructing an Humanistic Perspective of Doctoring within a Patient Centered Approach
The International SOBRAMFA Fellowship is now recommended by AAMC-VSLO, through a Partnership between AAMC-VSLO and SOBRAMFA.
Contact us for this unforgettable experience of how to incorporate Humanism in the daily medical practice.
Where is the Fellowship held?
In São Paulo, Brazil. The activities are carried at the SOBRAMFA’s headquarter and private hospitals nearby.
The International Fellowship Program aims to provide development in:
- Educational Issues in Family Medicine as Academic Discipline.
- Research according with daily activities of the family physician: transforming practice into research and publishing it.
- Information Mastering, scientific update, taking decisions in practice.
- Promoting Leadership for supporting Family Medicine development in the own country.
Audience – Candidates
Family Medicine Residents, Medical Students, Physicians and Health Professionals involved in Primary Care abroad.
- Home Visits – Seeing patients at their homes, along with a family doctor and nurse.
- “Scientific Pacemaker” – Weekly Scientific Meeting at Sobramfa headquarters, including clinical discussion, family medicine topics discussions, lectures, journal club with recent papers, and clinical doubts arising from daily practice.
- Family Medicine Clinics and Ambulatory: where family doctors take care of chronic patients and patients with comorbidities.
- Family Medicine Didactic Clinic (Free Clinics): were medical students see patients, supervised by family medicine residents and family doctors. This is a teaching-learning scenario in were residents learn how to teach.
- Palliative Care Ambulatory
- Geriatric Care: for institutionalized age people
- Mastering Information: learning how to search for medical information and how to take it into practice
- Developing Research: Fostering research and scientific papers focused on primary care, medical education and family medicine topics.
The values are expressed in US Dollars (US$). You can pay by credit card using PayPal®.
|Physicians, Residents, Health Professionals||Medical Students|
|1 month||US$ 1.500,00||US$ 950,00|
|2 months||US$ 2.750,00||US$ 1.700,00|
What is included
- Certificate of participation
- Life insurance
How it works
Here is a brief overview of how SOBRAMFA’s International Fellowship Program works:
- After you submit the application form (clicking the “Application form” tab above), our staff and the IFP coordinators will evaluate if you are eligible for the fellowship program.
- If you have a recommendation letter from one of the members of the International Consultant Commitee, you’ll have preference in this proccess.
- If you are eligible to attend the International Fellowship Program, our staff will contact you and provide you the better way to make the payment.
- You’ll be able to pay by credit card through PayPal®.
- The IFP coordinators will elaborate a personalized agenda to you, in order to guarantee the best experience for you while you stay with us, and maximize the range of knowledge you’ll be able acquire.
- Note that hosting isn’t included in your fellowship. See below a list of the hotels near to SOBRAMFA’s headquarter.
Wilson Chan – McGuill University – Canada[/vc_column_text]
“The SOBRAMFA’s members have some attention/concern with the residents and trainees that isn’t common to find”
“The humanistic care given to the patient is evident”
Dra. Shirley Cifuentes – firstname.lastname@example.org – Equador[/vc_column_text]
“Was possible to rescue the humanistic focus of the speciality”
“During the fellowship I had a big apprenticeship in the respect of domiciliary visit and elderly care”
Dra Tânia Duran – email@example.com – Bolívia[/vc_column_text]
Daisuke Yamashita – firstname.lastname@example.org – Resident from Oregon Health & Science University – USA[/vc_column_text]
Laura Israelian Petras – email@example.com – USA[/vc_column_text]
Home Visits – very important point of the course, a big new experience, different way of dealing with patients, showing the other face of the family medicine, definitely one of the best experiences during the whole course.
Karolina Jaczewska – Matyjaszczyk – Poland[/vc_column_text]
I think you make a very important job by showing specialists and student that they should deal with the patient not look and just deal with disease.
Michal Matyjaszczyk – Poland[/vc_column_text]
The program reassurance of my passion of managing patient´s health.
Ricardo Cypreste – Poland[/vc_column_text]
I learned to treat patients humanely.
This experience allowed me not only to see but to live and being part of daily work in Family Medicine.
Augusta Milberg – Peru[/vc_column_text]
Mary Puttmann – EUA[/vc_column_text]
International Consultant Committee
Attempting to the best outcomes of the selection process and to gather candidates according with the Program objectives, SOBRAMFA has created an International Consultant Committee (ICC) with leaders of Family Medicine from many different countries around the world.
The ICC members will indicate, through specific recommendation letters the candidates (doctors, residents and medical students) to participate in the “International Fellowship Program”.
The people interested in participating the International Fellowship Program can contact one of the members of the Committee to ask for a recommendation letter.
If there isn’t a representative in your country, you can indicate one Family Medicine professional to integrate the International Consultant Committee, asking him/her to contact our staff through the e-mail staff (at) sobramfa.com.br.
These are the actual members of the International Consultant Committee (in alphabetical order):
|Name: Adelaide Maria Gurwell
Institution: University of Iowa
Address: Southeast Iowa City FCC, 1130 Scott Blvd., Iowa City, Iowa 52240 – EUA
|Name: Dr Brian Mathews MBBS, MMEd, ILTM
Institution: St George’s University of London
Address: Brunei Project, Community Health Sciences, Hunter Wing, SGUL, Cranmer Terrace, LONDON, SW17 0RE – United Kingdom
Phone: +44 (0) 208 8725 3587
E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com
|Name: Crystal Cash, M.D.
Institution: Stritch School of Medicine Loyola University Chicago
Address: c/o Provident Hospital – 500 East 51st Street – Chicago, Illinois 60615 – EUA
Phone: (312) 572-2673
|Name: Edward Shahady MD
Institution: University of Miami and University of Florida
Address: 3085 Obrien Drive, Tallahassee Fl 32309 – EUA
Name: Francisco Borrell Carrió
Institution: Universidad de Barelona / Institut Català de la Salut
Address: CAP Cornellà C/ Bellaterra 39-41 08940 Cornella de Llobregat – Barcelona – Espanha
Phone: + 93 3768250
Name: Francisco Lamus Lemus
Institution: Facultad de Medicina – Universidad de La Sabana
Address: Facultad de Medicina – Campus Universitario – Puente del Común Vía a Chía – Chía – Cundinamarca – Bogotá – Colômbia
Phone: 571- 8615555 Ext 2610
|Name: Ismael Ramírez Villaseñor
Institution: Instituto Mexicano del Seguro Social (Asistencial) y Colegio Jalisciense de Medicina Familiar (Académica)
Address: UMF # 1, Avenida del Campesino S/N y Avenida 16 de Septiembre. Guadalajara Jalisco – México
Phone: (0133) 3619-4121
Name: Javier F. Sevilla Mártir
Institution: Indiana University School of Medicine
Address: Long Hospital,1110 West Michigan Street, Indianapolis IN 46202-5209 – EUA
Phone: (317) 278-0310
Name: James (Jim) Tysinger, PhD
Institution: The University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
Address: Department of Family and Community Medicine, MC 7794 7703 Floyd Curl Drive – San Antonio, Texas 78229-3900 EUA Phone: 210-567-3043
Name: Johanna Shapiro, Ph.D.
Institution: University of California Irvine, School of Medicine
Address:Dept. of Family Medicine, 101 City Dr. South, Rte 81, Bldg. 200, Ste 512, Orange, CA 92868 – EUA
|Name: Prof. Dr. Manfred Maier
Institution: Medical University Vienna
Address:Währinger Straße 13a/3.Stock, 1090 Vienna – Áustria
Phone: +43 1 4277 65951
Name: Mark K. Huntington, MD PhD FAAFP
Institution: Center for Family Medicine
Address: 1115 East 20th Street – Sioux Falls, SD 57105 – EUA
Telefones: 605-339-1783 / 605-335-1006 (fax)
Name: Martina Torppa
Institution: University Of Helsinki
Address: Departement of Public Health, P.O.Box 41, 00014 – Helsinki – Finlândia
Phone: +358 40 5123146
Name: Patrick Dowling , MD , MPH
Institution: University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
Address: UCLA Dept. of Family Medicine – 50-078 CHS – Los Angeles, Ca 90095-1683 – EUA
Phone: 310 825 8234
Name: Patricia Kelly, PHD, MPH, RN
Institution: Associate Professor, Schools of Nursing and Medicine, University of Missouri-Kansas City
Address: 2220 Holmes Kansas City, MO, 64108 – EUA
Name: Raul O Urquiza
Institution: Comite de Certificacion de la FAMFyG (Federacion Argentina de Medicina Familiar y General)
Coordinador del Grupo de Calidad para CIMF WONCA
Coordinador de la lista de medfam
Address:España 561, Santa Rosa del Conlara, San Luis – Argentina
Phone: 00 54 2656 492202
Name: Rogelio Altisent Trota
Institution: Instituto de Bioética y Ciencias de la Salud
Address: Coso, 46, 3 B – Zaragoza – Espanha
Name: Stephen P. Bogdewic, Ph.D.
Institution: Indiana University School of Medicine
Address: Office of the Dean – Fesler Hall 302 – 1120 South Drive – Indianapolis, IN 46202-5114 – EUA
After your payment is processed our staff will contact you to talk about the next steps.[/vc_column_text]